Every year L'Etoile offers internships to high school and college students during our summer program. This is a great opportunity for students interested in pedagogy, language development, and early childhood education.
Summer interns will work closely with L'Etoile summer staff to experience all aspects of daily camp life: administration, lesson planning, and activity preparation.
The program runs from Monday June 26th through Friday August 25th. Camp hours are Monday-Friday 8am-3pm and we ask for a minimum commitment of six hours/week for at least one week. We have internship opportunities at our maternelle (3yo-6yo) and elementary (6yo-12yo) camps. This internship is unpaid but we are happy to write letters of recommendations or serve as references afterwards. Past interns have gone on to live abroad in France, attend prestigious science programs in Washington D.C., and been hired on for full and part time positions during the school year at L'Etoile.
As an intern your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing lesson materials
- Leading small group projects
- Reading out loud to groups of childre
- Helping to clean up after activities or lunch/snack
- General supervision
Intern requirements & qualifications
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Must have taken French for at least 2 years. Applicants should have a conversational speaking level and very strong listening comprehension level
- Must be comfortable working with young children
- Must be able to commit to at least 6 hours
- First aid/CPR certification helpful but not required
- Experience working in a certified daycare center helpful but not required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you meet our intern requirements you will be contacted to come in for an informal meeting to meet our summer staff and to discuss schedule availability. At this time you will be asked to pass a French assessment with a native speaker.
After the meeting we will email you to set up your schedule for the summer.